Software License and Support Agreement for users of CCleaner Network Edition Software
In this agreement the following terms have the following meanings:
"License" means the license to use the Product as set out at paragraph 2 below.
"License Fee" means the applicable fee payable for the License as specified in the purchase receipt or applicable purchasing documentation.
"Product" means any software product in the CCleaner Network range of commercial products, including any new version provided to you by Piriform pursuant to this agreement.
"Piriform" means Piriform Software Limited, a company incorporated in England under company number 8235567.
"Services" means the Support Services (as defined in paragraph 3) and/or the Update Services (as defined in paragraph 4).
"Product Description" means the written description of the Product at www.piriform.com and in the 'help file' feature within the Product.
"Management Console" is the component of the Product that is used by the system administrator to control the network of computer hosts.
"Endpoint Agent" is the component of the Product that is installed on each member of the network of computer hosts.
"Installation" is defined as:
(i) the installation of one copy of the Endpoint Agent on an individual physical device which does not have Virtualization Capability (as defined below); or
(ii) each instance of the Endpoint Agent which is installed on a virtual machine operating on a device which has Virtualization Capability.
"Virtualization Capability" means making a single physical device appear to function as multiple virtual resources.
This agreement is a legal agreement between you and Piriform relating to the Product.
Piriform permits you to use the Product only in accordance with the terms of this agreement and this agreement and the License will terminate automatically without notice if you fail to comply with the terms of this agreement. Should this agreement terminate for any reason you must immediately cease all further use of the Product and destroy all copies of it.
2. PRODUCT LICENSE
Subject to and in consideration of payment of the License Fee and subject to your compliance with the terms of this agreement, Piriform grants you a limited non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the Product for the following purposes and in the following manner:
- You shall NOT be permitted to grant any sub-licenses of the Product;
- You may NOT resell, charge for, sub-license, rent, lease, loan or distribute the Product without our prior written consent. We reserve the right to withdraw any such consent (or part thereof) for any reason and without notice and to demand that you immediately cease any activity in respect of which permission is withdrawn;
- You may NOT repackage, translate, adapt, vary, modify, alter, create derivative works based upon, or integrate any other computer programs with, the Product in whole or in part;
- You may NOT use the Product to engage in or allow others to engage in any illegal activity;
- You may NOT transfer or assign your rights or obligations under this agreement to any person or authorize all or any part of the Product to be copied on to another user's computer; and
- You may NOT decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the Product except to the extent that you may be expressly permitted to reverse engineer or decompile under applicable law.
Where one copy of the Endpoint Agent is installed on a server providing remote access to users by means of Terminal Services or other services allowing multiple user profiles accessed at the same time from different remote locations, each user profile present on that server shall be deemed an Installation for the purposes of this clause.
Normally an install of the Product would contain a single Management Console (a one-to-many relationship), however multiple instances of the same Management Console are permissible (a many-to-many relationship).
You must purchase an Endpoint Agent license for each host, whether real or virtual. Endpoint Agent licenses are not transferrable to other hosts.
3. SUPPORT SERVICES
Subject to and in consideration of payment of the License Fee, Piriform shall provide the support services (the "Support Services") as set out in this paragraph 3.
3.1 Scope of Support
Piriform will endeavor to answer by email such number of your queries regarding the use or application of the Product as it deems reasonable. No representation or warranty is given that all queries will be responded to or responded to within a specified period of time. You shall assist Piriform in providing the Support Services by providing any assistance or information that it requires.
Queries should be submitted to Piriform using either of these methods:
- http://support.piriform.com using such user account details as given to you by Piriform after your support account is enabled.
- Email direct to Piriform using such email address as given to you by Piriform after your support account is enabled.
Upon receipt of full payment of the License Fee, a user account will be automatically enabled for you on http://support.piriform.com and you will be sent an email notification confirming activation of your user account and confirming your user account details. Save as expressly set out in this agreement, License Fees and/or any applicable renewal fees are non-refundable.
3.2 Limits of Support
Piriform shall only provide Support Services in respect of the most current version of the Product.
Piriform shall only provide Support Services up to and in respect of the number of Installations (as defined below) of the Endpoint Agent that you have specified and paid for under this agreement. You must purchase Support Services (the cost of which is included in the License Fee) in respect of all Installations of the Endpoint Agent made by you; where you fail to do so the Support Services shall immediately terminate without notice, and without refund or liability to you.
4. UPDATE SERVICES
Subject to your payment of the License Fee for the relevant year, Piriform shall from time to time, via its website, make available new versions of the Product for you to download and use (the "Update Services"). Nothing in this agreement entitles you to receive any support, maintenance, updates, upgrades, content or new versions of the Product, unless you are a paying customer with a current subscription.
5. TERM AND TERMINATION OF LICENSE AND THE SERVICES
This agreement and the term of the License shall start on the date on which Piriform sends a confirmatory email to you confirming full payment of the License Fee and issuing your user account details, and shall continue for a period of 1 year or for such other period as set forth in the purchase receipt or applicable purchasing documentation (or if no such date is specified, for one (1) year).
If you have purchased a yearly License subscription, at the end of the year and any following year subject always to payment of the applicable license fees for each such renewal term, the License shall renew automatically for another year. Piriform (or its authorized agents or sub-contractors) will give you an opportunity to cancel your subscription in advance of the renewal date and will inform you of the renewal fees, unless you notify Piriform by email before renewal that you do not want to renew the License. Piriform may terminate the provision of Services at any time upon written notice to you. In such circumstances, Piriform will issue a pro-rata refund back onto the card originally used to pay. Furthermore, Piriform may terminate the License and Services immediately and without any liability to refund any payments to you if:
- You commit a material or persistent breach of this agreement;
- You become insolvent or unable to pay your debts within the meaning of section 123 of the Insolvency Act 1986;
- You fail to make any renewal payment.
6. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The Product contains intellectual property of Piriform and is protected by law. You acknowledge that all intellectual property rights in the Product anywhere in the world belong to Piriform, that rights in the Product are licensed (not sold) to you, and that you have no rights in, or to, the Product other than the right to use it in accordance with the terms of the License. Piriform warrants to you that to the best of its knowledge, the Product does not infringe the UK intellectual property rights of a third party.
Piriform undertakes at its own expense to defend you against or, at its option, settle any claim or action brought against you alleging that your use or possession of the Product infringes the UK intellectual property rights of a third party. This paragraph 6 shall not apply where the claim or action in question is attributable to your use or possession of the Product other than in accordance with this agreement or the License or use of a non-current release of the Product. This paragraph 6 is conditional upon you promptly giving written notice to Piriform specifying the nature of the claim or action and you not making any admission or compromise. This paragraph 6 constitutes your sole remedy and Piriform’s only liability in respect of any such claims or actions.
Piriform warrants that
- for a period of 30 days from the date of installation, when properly used the Product shall perform substantially in accordance with the functions described in the Product Description; and
- it has tested the Product for viruses using commercially available virus-checking software; and
- the Services will be performed with reasonable care and skill and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations of the United Kingdom.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THE PRODUCT IS DELIVERED TO YOU 'AS IS' AND WITH ALL FAULTS. PIRIFORM DO NOT WARRANT THE PERFORMANCE OR RESULTS YOU MAY OBTAIN BY USING THE PRODUCT. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET OUT IN THIS AGREEMENT AND TO THE EXTENT THAT ANY WARRANTY, CONDITION, REPRESENTATION OR TERM CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED BY LAW, WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS OR OTHER TERMS (EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WHETHER BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW, CUSTOM, USAGE OR OTHERWISE) AS TO ANY MATTER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, SATISFACTORY QUALITY AND FITNESS FOR PURPOSE. THE PROVISIONS OF THIS PARAGRAPH 8 SHALL SURVIVE THE TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT HOWSOEVER CAUSED. IN NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL PIRIFORM BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES, CLAIMS OR COSTS WHATSOEVER (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS, LOST INFORMATION, LOSS OF DATA NOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSION APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW IN YOUR JURISDICTION. PIRIFORM WARRANTS TO YOU THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE PERFORMED WITH REASONABLE CARE AND SKILL AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS OF THE UNITED KINGDOM.
PIRIFORM’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR LOSSES SUFFERED BY YOU ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT HOWSOEVER ARISING (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE) SHALL BE LIMITED EACH YEAR IN TOTAL TO THE CHARGES PAID BY YOU UNDER THIS AGREEMENT IN THE YEAR IN WHICH THE LIABILITY AROSE.
NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT LIMITS PIRIFORM’S LIABILITY TO YOU IN THE EVENT OF DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM OUR NEGLIGENCE OR FOR FRAUD. THE PROVISIONS OF THIS PARAGRAPH 8 SHALL SURVIVE THE TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT HOWSOEVER CAUSED.
9. LAW AND JURISDICTION
This agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or its formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and submitted to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- If any part of this agreement is found to be void and unenforceable it will not affect the validity of the remainder of this agreement, which shall remain valid and enforceable according to its terms.
- This agreement may only be varied in writing and signed by an authorized representative of Piriform. However, notwithstanding the foregoing, Piriform may revise this agreement from time to time by posting the most current version on its website. If a revision meaningfully reduces your rights, Piriform will notify you (by, for example, sending a message to the email address associated with your account, posting on its blog or on this webpage). By continuing to use the Product after the revisions come into effect, you agree to be bound by the revised agreement.
- Updates may be licensed to you by Piriform with additional or different terms but Piriform has no obligation to provide any updates.
This agreement is the entire agreement between you and us and supersedes any prior representations, undertakings or advertising relating to the Product and you acknowledge that in entering into this agreement you have not relied on any statement, representation, advertising, assurance or warranty (whether made negligently or innocently) other than as expressly set out in this agreement.
- Except as expressly set forth in this agreement, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under this agreement will be without prejudice to its other remedies under this agreement or otherwise.
- All notices or approvals required or permitted under this agreement will be in writing and delivered by email (we will email you at the email address you provided us when you initially purchased your license), and in each instance will be deemed given upon receipt.
- The failure by either party to enforce any provision of this agreement will not constitute a waiver of future enforcement of that or any other provision.
- Piriform is entitled to transfer or assign any of its rights or obligations under this agreement. You may not assign any of your rights under this agreement, and any such attempt will be void.